#SixSentence Sunday: Victoria’s Dilemma

30 Sep

Today is my first venture into the world of Six Sentence Sunday posts. I’m diving in with a snippet from Mending Fences. The first time Victoria met Curran, at a Halloween party, she stole a kiss. Now that he’s caught up to her, months later, Curran craves another taste, and pulls out all the stops to convince her to give in. Does she dare?

His voice dropped to a rumbling whisper. “Victoria, your kiss stayed on my lips for weeks. I know this sounds terrible and I’m going way too fast, and it’ll likely insult you, but if I don’t kiss you again soon, I’m going to lose my mind.” He gave her hand a gentle tug.

A battle rose inside her, one side crying for her to run, to avoid this at all costs, to remember why allowing anything to happen again was such a very bad idea. The other side soaked up every flicker of interest in his eyes like raindrops on parched earth, craving his attention with an intensity that stole her breath.

You can find Victoria and Curran’s story at:  Amazon    Barnes & Noble   Kobo    Smashwords

Check out the links to more six sentence posts at Six Sentence Sunday.

7 Responses to “#SixSentence Sunday: Victoria’s Dilemma”

1. brendaashworthbarry September 30, 2012 at 7:48 am #

This was so well put and now I can’t wait until next Sunday. Great job and Fantastic Six.

2. Mia Downing September 30, 2012 at 9:17 am #

::sigh:: Love me some Curran!!!

• Lucy Francis September 30, 2012 at 11:18 am #

He does have his moments, doesn’t he? :-D

3. Mae Clair September 30, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Welcome to SSS! Yummy snippet and I LOVE the names of your hero and heroine :)

• Lucy Francis September 30, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Thanks, Mae! I’ve wanted to try SSS for a long time. Victoria and Curran were such a fun couple to write.

4. michellegrogan567338682 September 30, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

Great choice!! Has me intrigued to see if she gives in or not!! And why she wouldn’t since she seems to be the one who started it all.